Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Get a Life Before You Die, People

What I'm reading right now: Chasing Daylight, by Eugene O'Kelly.

Why?

  1. Because it was part of a gift bag I received at a college reception I attended last week
  2. It's a quick read
  3. I'm obsessed with death, basically

Eugene O'Kelly, former CEO of KPMG, was told in 2005 that he had less than 100 days to live. In that time, he wrote a book about embracing these last 100 days. It's facsinating and depressing, sure, but also enlightening (in the same way that Tuesdays with Morrie was) and I think that was his intent. Bascially, he's saying: Be in the moment as much as you can. Stop thinking about the future or missing the past. If you want something, go get it. Turn off the t.v. No, you can't stop and smell the roses everyday, but every other day or a few times a week would be good. Take it from a dude who is sorry he only had lunch with his wife 2x in ten years: Get a life, people.

I promise I will if you will.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, but I'm not making any promises.

Del-V said...

Deal!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Deadlines sure are motivating.

anne altman said...

yeah, screw it.

live your life or don't. either way you die. whatevs.

newbluebaby said...

Two Can Anne. Better than getting your face flooded with fake sunlight to snap out of a depression.

Just Dave said...

Anne, please see my blog today. It must be catching.

piglet said...

Bummer, Dave. But tres weird, because I just finished The Year of Living Dangerously by Joan Didion about the sudden death of her husband.

I'm going to go eat some chocolate.

yanmaneee said...

kobe basketball shoes
curry 4 shoes
vans
nike air max
nike air max
steph curry shoes
adidas tubular
balenciaga shoes
air max 90
golden goose outlet