Thursday, May 31, 2007

Two Songs I Heard on CD For the First Time

My mother has always been ahead of her time. A reader. A visionary. Take technology for example. She wired her car for Blutooth technology (though she doesn't wear the earpiece thing in public, because she has a lot of class and whatnot). In layman's terms, this means that when I call her, a ringtone specific to me plays, she pushes a button on the steering wheel, and we converse. Back in the eighties when mobile phones were the size of toasters, my mother bought a CD player and ten compact discs. Two tracks from my mother's new CD collection I remember playing ad nauseam at top volume when nobody was home:

Bruce Springsteen's Downbound Train:



The Beatles: Maxwell's Silver Hammer



(clip from "Let it Be")

No comments: