Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Whole Foods


Now that the Bowery has been gentrified to the bright sheen of a highly polished turd, I had the pleasure of shopping at a Whole Foods tonight. I spied one as I walked home a little tipsy from a show on the Lower East Side. I must say, being used to crappy cat piss smellin' Gristedes et al, at Whole Foods I was mesmerized by the large and colorful fresh vegetables a plenty, the size and selection of the fruit, the prices and variety of virtually everything from bread to cheese to seafood and various sundries. My socks were also blown off by the the rat the size of a baby alligator which banged a left at my aisle at full speed as it darted underneath the frozen foods refrigerator. So were the socks of the guys behind the meat counter. They saw it too. Bliccccky bliccccky doo doo. When I paid for my stuff at the register --one of the pieces of stuff being an empty bag of freeze dried strawberries which I ate in line--the guy who had to do the price check on said empty bag of strawberries called me a "rebel." Oooooh. Me=rebel.

2 comments:

whipcreamy said...

love whole foods, but definately have issues with the folks who work there....extrememly pretentious. the meat counter dude will shoot you down if you don't know exactly what type of meat you want...top round? bottom round? come on people!

Carolyn said...

I definitely would have thrown up in that empty bag of berries if I saw a baby-alligator-sized rat. (Shudder.)