Monday, May 04, 2009

30 for 30 Challenge: a Double A Shout Out to Double C

Giulia Rozzi, Anne Altman, Carolyn Castiglia - Mo Pitkin's (RIP) -NYC- 200whatevs


I'm on Day 16 of my 30 for 30, thanks to you, Carolyn! I needed a reason to compete against myself (ie my own worst enemy) for my mental and physical fitness--it had been up to me for quite a long time, and I was screwing myself in the interest of excuses and laziness.

The biggest change I've noticed in 16 days: My attitude. Since adulthood I've lumped exercise in with weight loss and associated it with punishment rather than something good I'm doing for myself. I'm now at the point where if I don't do Qi Gong everyday, I arrive at work simply furious. Furious!

Qi Gong has a way of waking me up and relaxing me at the same time so that I can cope better with that a-hole who won't let people off the train before she busts her way on. And that's huge. Physically, my thighs are reaping the rewards and lookin' hot, if I don't say so myself. If I don't say so myself, nobody else would, so there I go, I said it. Suck it. It's not considered vain to tell yourself how great you are, it's considered your job.

Danger!

Uh oh!

We've got a problem!

The problem with feelin' and lookin' good: I usually stop these fitness whims when I start experiencing results.

But not now, folks. Not with CC on my side. Thanks, CC!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

You got it, girl! RIP, Mo's! Shit.

My problem is I am ready to be skinny TOMORROW now, so I need to get some patience. And some patients. In this recession I've decided to do surgery on the side. Lemme know if you need an appendix removed.

anne altman said...

you're too late! haven't had that thing since i was 4.

how about my nose?