Thursday, June 01, 2006

You Say Phitness, I Say Phooey

Surprisingly, my Anti-Fitness Campaign hasn't taken off like I thought it would. I'm finding that it's not as fun to be a lone crusader. In the spirit of not being able to beat the people so join the people, I decided to check out Ye Olde Gymme this morning. I have an exclusive membership where I pay monthly for the privilege of not going. The good news: it is still there. Though it has changed names since I was there last. In October. Everything changes so fast.

Quiz:

How long into my 30 minute workout on the elliptical machine did it take for me to look at the clock?

a) 2 seconds










b) 4 minutes








c) 50 seconds










d) 11 minutes





















The answer is:
















c) 50 seconds











And I was floored that I had 29 minutes and ten seconds more to go! Hated every second of it! Every second! Consistent. That's me.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

SO with you girl! I went to the gym lastnight too finally and hated every second of it. Took me about that long to look at the clock too. FUCK!

Elizabeth said...

so what i have to do when i get on that harsh mistress of a machine is cover up the time with a magazine. otherwise i just stare at the time, beginning at 10 seconds, as it so slowly ticks away, and i wonder how i am ever going to get to the end. the head games i must play are straight up sick.

newbluebaby said...

What's a gym?

geeksters said...

As long as you're consistent. That's all that counts.

Sharon Shiner said...

come to my spinning class. I'll shove the clock up your camel toe.