Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lost Dog

As I walked out of a doctor's office this morning on Tenth Street, I heard the sounds of dog tags behind me when a light brown mutt of pit bullish descent trotted right by, on a mission, with no human companion. When I realized he was alone, I ran after him, passing other folks on the street who would whip their heads around after they realized he was going solo as well, but I couldn't catch him. I got close enough to grab his collar when he got startled, barked, and sprinted faster down the sidewalk. In the distance I could see him crossing Broadway without looking both ways. He made it across, and has ID tags, but he's lost. Boo. I'm glad I didn't lose an arm or an eye to the pooch, but I'm bummed I didn't catch him. Sort of matches my mood today.

1 comment:

Just Dave said...

500 points on the human being scale for trying, though.