Monday, April 23, 2007

The Only Time a Flute Solo Rules

Not counting YES's use of the flute, that is. A woman was jamming out to this song as it blasted over the speakers in D'Agostino's tonight. She was in her fifties, so that sounds about right, singing along, rememberin' back in the day before she needed that surgery and funny edgy eye wear whatnot. I can't decide who sings it better, Neil Young (who wrote the song) or Nicolette's cover. It's gonna take a lot of love, baby. Here's Nicolette Larson on Solid Gold singing "Lotta Love."

3 comments:

piglet said...

I am relieved to see that Jethro Tull did not make your list.

anne altman said...

completely accidental. thanks, piglet!

add jethro tull to awesome flute solos.

i love jethro tull.

Brandy For Sale. said...

I LOVE to sing this at karaoke. Sing Sing, I will RUIN this shit.

Also she was a protege' of one of the Gibbs. She's Australian, methinks? Think I read that in an inflight magazine once.