Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Are you Gay? Are You Black? You're Both? Whoa.








Robb Leigh Davis ~ American Blackout ~ 4.23.09 @ The Tank


I never had the impression that being gay or black--or God forbid, both!-- in this country would be a funtime hayride, but until I saw American Blackout, I had no idea just how rough the road is. Bravo on an amazing show, Robb. Funny, serious, provocative, very well done.

"From street corners to Baptist church pews, American Blackout, written & directed by Robb Leigh Davis, is a modern-day journey through the labyrinth of sexuality, ethnicity and individual identity in the land of the free. "


AMERICAN BLACKOUT
Written & Directed by Robb Leigh Davis
Cast: Robb Leigh Davis, Neil Dawson, David A. Rudd, Nysheva-Starr, Jenn Wehrung
Producers: Robb Leigh Davis & Nicholas Petraccaro, blakkaprikorn productions

3 comments:

RLD said...

Gracias for your support.
:)

anne altman said...

:)
bravo!

love, jenn said...

Plus I almost like that picture of me! I think it is the distance from the camera I enjoy the most...