Saturday, January 19, 2008

eHarmony: You Need to Cut the Shit

The latest eHarmony commercials are getting a little heavy handed here in my opinion. Yes, we understand, condescending little white haired man, that you're trying to find love for those of us who have yet to find it with that "other dating service" and that you're matching people on "29 dimensions of compatibility" with your "free personality profile" and blah blah motherfucking blah, so it's like, way better than everything else out there, according to you. You might be right, you might be wrong. I believe that's hard to prove.



I can prove, however, that your new campaign is a crock. In these latest commercials, you've dragged together in front of a white screen endless couples and edit them together repeating the line, "What do I love about him/her? EVERYTHING! THERE'S NOTHING I DON'T LOVE ABOUT ___/___. I love everything about him/her..."





Oh, really Melinda? You love everything. Everything about Jack. Every. Thing. Well, why don't you answer me this?



Would you smear Jack's poop on your face for a fragrant, hydrating mud mask?



Didn't think so.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You know what?

I HATE E-Harmony. HATE HATE HATE.

You gotta be straight. Apparently (or so they say.........) it's because E-Harmony seeks to match people "for life." And I guess that just rules out all of the queers, yeah?

GLITTERGIRL said...

e-harmony is actually christian based, although they aren't upfront about it. every time i see that creepy orville redenbacker looking spokesman, i shake my fist and say, "secret christian!!!"

i am totally cool with someone being down with the baby jesus, but don't be sneaky about it.

and why do these commercials all feature the couple in front of a white background, doing an awkward little dance?

ugh.

Nina Paley said...

Mating is for suckers.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I see the Qi Gong is bringing peace and harmony to your soul...

newbluebaby said...

Ehhhhhh.com