Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Marc-Andre Fleury is the Jonathan Papelbon of Hockey

The Rangers are down 2 games to none going into Game 3 of their playoff series against the Pittburgh Penguins. Basically no team has come from behind to win being down 3 games, so it's do or die. I couldn't snag a spare seat in the MSG skybox tonight (no room for the chick who orders staplers? what gives??), so I'm watching from home. It's ok. I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Plus, hockey's tough for me to follow, so watching on t.v. by myself affords me time to pay attention to the game instead of paying attention to the chicken wings and open bar and let me tell you what I learned: Marc-Andre Fleury is amazing! The Rangers are shooting relentlessly over and over and over again and yet...nothing. Fleury's so impenetrable he could probably block bed bugs from your apartment.

5-3 Penguins with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd...it's not looking good for New York. Marc-Andre: Great goalie. Terrible name. I understand it's French, but it's still pretty terrible. I went on a date with a tool named Marc-Andre once. Once. He was rich but his teeth were bad, and I don't remember him asking me one question about myself. Cocky bastard. Marc? No, the name's Marc-Andre. It's such a stupid name in my opinion that I kept forgetting it and confusing it with Jean- Luc Picard so I called him Marc. Then he asked me out on a text message, and I didn't want to go out with him again, so my friend Larry dumped him for me. In a text message.

The End.

Come on, Rangers!

No comments: