Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Lows in the New Economy

This morning for $10, two co-workers bet me that I wouldn't put my boss's sweat sock--which I pulled from his construction boot up to my face, nose AND mouth--with fabric touching both--for 30 seconds. 

I won ten bucks.

Suckers, I would have done it for $5. For the entire 30 seconds I didn't inhale. But at the end, I gave it a micro whiff and...nothing. Just rubber, folks. He told me today the socks were clean, and I believe him. But the issue is this: I wouldn't matter; that money was to be mine, rain or shine. 

And yet, I can tell you this: I would need more than a couple hundies like most of y'all to sniff the chair in the latest Two Can Anne Poll:

Your Disgusting Co-Worker Grunts, Farts, Hacks, Picks, Flicks, Drips, Sneezes, Coughs, Groans, Spits and Licks. How Much to Sniff His Desk Chair?

A Million: 3 (16%)

$500,000: 0 (0%)

$5,000-$20,000: 2 (11%)

About $1000: 1 (5%)

A Couple Hundies: 5 (27%)

$60 or That Cigarette Behind Your Ear: 3 (16%)

Nothin': 2 (11%)

Are You Guys Talking About Me?: 2 (11%)

No comments: