Thursday, April 06, 2006

Interesting Observation

My sister and I noticed that approximately 6 out of 10 those who own an above ground pool:




also own a trampoline:




Often, the house sits right next to the highway or the train tracks.

I have never had the luxury of growing up with a trampoline, but I did have the luxury of swimming in an above-grounder. Kerri Scanlon had one, but without the fancy deck attachment pictured above, so you had to fling yourself up and over the side of it. It took up her entire back yard and I got some major lacerations swimming in that "pool"--I guess blood and above-ground pools are a given.

6 comments:

whipcreamy said...

I remember being little and thinking that above ground pools were trashy, but that I would rather have that then no pool. Now I am glad to say that I never got that wish. Plus, I am blessed with a house on a lake up in Vermont where I will be spending most of my free time this summer and there is a trampoline in the lake...the kicker is this. My boyfriend's bestfriend and his wife have invited me to join them in New Hampshire this summer to hang out and play by their pool. The pool is an above ground pool and they have two children. I want to say no, but do not know how to do so politely. Should I give them a counter invite up to Vermont? Something about an aboveground pool with children makes me think about germs, piss, and boogers. NO thankyou. If they had a trampoline I would reconsder.

anne altman said...

I know Dad won't want germs piss and boogers from other people's kids at his place so it looks like you'll be in NH sitting in lawn chairs hosing the kids off when they barf in the pool...at least you can leave when you want.

newbluebaby said...

A trampoline is an excellent escape tool.

whipcreamy said...

i'm not wasting any sunny summer weekends on an aboveground pool

Sharon Shiner said...

I remember swimming in an above ground pool and feeling like I was swimming in piss.
They are gross.
Trampolines on the other hand, are cool.

anne altman said...

relationships = compromises

heh heh don't cut your foot on the above grounder erin