Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Sunday Papers

I thought that reading the Sunday Times while waiting for the dryer to finish was a great idea, so I bought a paper and coffee and sat in the laudry room at the folding table. So many sections, where do I begin? I mean, he goes straight for Arts & Leisure, she checks out the Magazine, and their dork of a kid catches up on technology in Circuits. My ex-boyfriend? He goes straight for the circulars.

I like to peruse all of the sections before deciding, and most often I wind up in Styles reading about all the stylish jerks and married twats. Yet it seems nobody enjoys diving into the very first page. And why would you? Today's front page: Elephantiasis of the Scrotum and Legs Destroys Tropical Countries' Poor And Is Easily Preventable, Iraq Is A Fucking Mess and There Is No End In Sight, The President Is A Bad Liar and Has Again Stepped in Shit, Tornadoes Rip Through Tennessee And Kill 12 People, Lobbyists Are Crooks, If You Want To Live To Be 80 You Can't Do Anything Fun. Hmmm...where to start?

Clearly, stories like these are bound to bum you out first thing on a Sunday morning. Do I want to read about basketball sized-nuts or yam legs? Or, do I want to look at this colorful Best Buy circular here? I see it does have some very nice deals on new digital cameras. Interesting. And informative. Reminds me of the time that I left my digital camera on the train. It was so funny! If you don't know the story, I assure you, it's hilarious! Are my clothes dry yet?

No comments: