Wednesday, November 07, 2007

People and Stuff That Sucked Today Part 1

  1. The Director of Catered Events at City Crab--"Where the Customer is Always Wrong"
  2. The NYC Subway system
  3. The people who didn't let people off the subway before they got on
  4. The gummy residue left behind when I peeled the fake Pashmina label off of my new fake Pashmina

*I'll elaborate when I cool down so as to smear this joint and its Director of Catered Events in a manner they so properly deserve. (Maybe. I might never cool down.) Let me just say this: A job in catering events implies that you'll be catering to people in some capacity, most likely events. If you're not into catering to people, perhaps catering (events or otherwise) is the wrong line of work for you. For example, if hundreds of people asked me on cramped airplane for a blanket, a beverage, or a snack, I'd say, "Get it yourself, fatass," which is just one of the reasons why I never attempted a career as a flight attendant. And that, my friends, is one of my most prideful achievements.

Know thyself.

Especially if you suck.

It makes you suck just a little less.

2 comments:

newbluebaby said...

Pashmina = overpriced blanket.

anne altman said...

$5 is overpriced?