Friday, October 17, 2008

Madonna Divorce Sh*t Happens


Madonna, "Think of Me", Madonna, 1983

Oh, like I didn't wear this tape out on my toaster-sized cassette player (aka discount Walkman) during countless family outings with my parents including but not limited to the Nantucket Snoozefest and the Jimmy Buffett Concert on the Boston Common. Was it the Boston Common? Not sure, as I had my back to the stage, a smirk on my face, and this tune blaring in my ears while Jimmy was wasting away in Margaritaville and my folks were dancin' and drinkin' and having a grand old time. I still have this cassette and was inspired to write this post because I played it in an old timey cassette player machine just a few mintues ago. What a teenage twat I was. Is. Am. What?

1 comment:

brad4d said...

I was back stage at Like A Virgin Tour, San Fran 1985, a third of their mothers made up the audience of girls. I was a father by 1990.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP79vYsfbo