Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Tonight I'll Be in 1986


That's right, The Rock of Ages Musical Off Broadway is in previews and I'm going tonight! Read this synopsis and tell me you're not a little jelly that I'm goin' and you're not. You know you're a little jelly...

It’s the late 1980s and the final countdown is on for a legendary Hollywood rock club facing its demise at the hands of eager developers. When a young rocker hungry for his big break and a small town girl chasing her dreams land on the scene at this infamous venue, how far will ambition drive them? And will it be lights out for the club and all the regulars and rockers who have made it their home?


ROCK OF AGES takes you on a musical trip with a story set to blazing hits from such iconic rockers as Journey, Bon Jovi, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Poison, Asia, Whitesnake and many more.

Plus, it's starring Constantine Maroulis. You know, that dude with the hair. From American Idol. The one you don't remember.


Speaking of Rock of Ages, here's another fun fact: If you Google Rock of Ages, the first two results are for Rock of Ages Granite Memorials in Barre, Vermont which I've been to and is extremely cool---as is Hope Cemetery, a veritable art exhibit of the granite artisans' work. I blogged all about it a few summers ago. Before I threw my camera into the ocean.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OKAY, I'm big time jealous that you're going. Give us a review, please. It should be good with all those good songs.

I remember your cemetery posts, they have beautiful headstones.

Anonymous said...

i miss you, too, sweet anne!

Anonymous said...

I have heard that audience participation is allowed during the show. Can you do me a favor and yell out "ANGIE SAYS HI" for me? I had an encounter with him a few years ago and I just want him to know that I am still pining for him! THANKS!

Creepy said...

I just choked on my own vomit. I hope you're proud.

alybeth72 said...

That does sound really cool..... try to post a review afterwards.

Del-V said...

I love Journey... so I AM VERY JEALOUS!

Anonymous said...

I saw it last week- I am going back soon. That was the most fun I ever had in the theater& Drew is hot!
Don't miss it.