Thursday, February 22, 2007

6 Cannolis and Three Tarts For One Please

What happened to your East Village gritty bodegas and edgy rock clubs?
Yarn shops. That's what happened to them. You gotta get knifed somewhere else these days.
So go on, git. We've got some purlin' to do. Or whatever they call it.
Sure, I'm single with cat, but don't start digging the hole just yet--I don't knit.

Matt McCarthy, my favorite fire crotch, hosting MAX at Mo Pitkin's. Lineup of comics included sweet peeps Jack Kukoda and Laura Mannino. Good stuff.
What? Veniero's so close by? So close by, and I'm not going to get some cannolis? Please.

Stop yelling at me.

I'm in line, number 88, getting some cannolis, alright. The mini ones. 4 regular, 2 chocolate. And gimme a few of them there mini blueberry tarts too, would ya? Great. And a small coffee. Thanks. What, I'm opening the box you so beautifully wrapped with string and I haven't even left the place yet? You must not know me. One cannoli eaten before I reach the door.

Walking home tonight? Don't mind if I have one more.


Would you look at this, a blueberry tart done got crushed on the long walk home. I can't exactly just leave it there, a lonely smushed blueberry tart, I mean the thing doesn't even match. One of these things is not like the other and I certainly can't just leave it. That'd be cruel to food. Just think of how embarrassed that little tart in the corner is looking like that, all messed up and stuff...

*BURP*

4 comments:

anne altman said...

when putting the veniero's in the fridge, i ate a bite of the chocolate cannoli and realized it was soft, aka: staler than the regular cannoli (chocolate probably doesn't "move" as fast as the traditional) so the only option was really to eat the entire thing. i'm sure you understand.

also, there was a blueberry begging to be picked off one of the other tarts, so i put it out of it's misery as well. if you don't understand, then there's really nothing more to talk about, is there?

Tanya Espanya said...

I love food posts, and especially cannoli posts. I always forget to go looking for cannoli here, although there are some good ones around. Slurp and burp.

bubbles said...

Oh, I understand!! Yes I do. And at some point there will be a lonely item in the box... then, it will be cruel to just leave it there all by itself, right?

Teri said...

sweets should always be cherished and you do it right, Anne. Hope you enjoyed but you didn't save any for us?

now I have to go get some cannoli.