Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Andy Christie is Good People

The Sunday New York Times Style Section always has a good short piece in there called "Modern Love." This week's was especially good. I mean, wicked wicked good. It contained a wide variety of real (and not always pretty) emotions and it really held my attention (I've got problems), and at the very end I said to myself, "Wow, this dude is a fantastic writer." Then when I saw his name, I realized I had met him before. Of course! I know a lot of talented people. My unpaid career is to follow their careers from the sidelines. And the man behind "She Handed Me a Cup From the Fountain of Youth" is none other than the Moth's Andy Christie. That's where I met Andy, anyway, at a Moth Storytelling Event we competed in one evening. And if you read his story in the Times, or here, you'll see how good he is at telling it. Way to go, Andy! Incidentally, Mr. Christie has a new show he curates called The Liar's Show, and the next installment is Monday, February 12, and I'm gonna check it out. You should too. Liar.

1 comment:

Fargrave said...

That was a cool article. I forgot I was reading and it became this mini-movie in my head. Thanks for the heads-up.