Monday, September 24, 2007

Are You There Judy? It's Me, Anne

From Judy Blume's Blog:


"Soupy Tour--Girlfriends

LA to Santa Fe --George and I had planned on going to the Get Mortified show on Wednesday night in LA but he was feeling too sick that night to leave the hotel. So I missed it again! But one of these days, maybe in NY next week, I'm going to experience the fun/angst/mortification of David N's show. I'm trying to get David to do a show in Key West, maybe at the Tropic Cinema. I know my friend Meg Cabot is a fan so between the two of us maybe we can make it happen..."


WHAT???


I know she said, "maybe," but...


WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW


If you're unfamiliar with the great Judy Blume , then you probably had a tougher time with adolescence than I did. Thanks to my Mom (who introduced me to her books) I've been a Blume-o-phile for... Forever.


Two Days Until Mortified in NYC!


If it's good enough for Judy, you know it's gotta be good.


6 comments:

Teri said...

I love Judy!

newbluebaby said...

Wow Anne, that would be awesome. I remember reading Judy Blume solely because my strict catholic teachers didn't want us reading it because it was too mature or something. So now, that's why I've read Judy Blume and do heroin.

anne altman said...

freckle juice.

Rudy Rizcheck said...

Heh-heh. I think that's from one of the underlined passages in that beat-up copy of "Forever" making the rounds in 6th grade.
Then we graduated to "Wifey"...ewwwwwww

anne altman said...

sold out!

but if you're in the hood, there may be a few tix at the door on a first come first served basis.

newbluebaby said...

I can't wait to be horrified!