Saturday, September 22, 2007

Today Was Ordinary: My First Diary

My Mom gave it to me for Christmas. And either I started this diary backwards, or I used it for a year and a half and put stuff in later (example: "Grama came up I think this day." and "My Grandma's birthday, somewhere in July or June"). A combination of both is likely, because at some point I "caught up" with my entries by filling in almost every day from January 30-May 9 with "O." and "O." stands for: Ordinary. Some things never change.
January 10, 1977
"It was fun in art when we had to put down all the things we drew good."
January 11, 1977
"We had a good day in gym. And it was fun playing basketball."
January 12, 1977
"We had a party for Mrs. Poster. Because she is not coming to Stanley School any more. We miss her very much. We hope she will come back soon. And we made ginger bread at Tootsie's house."
January 13, 1977
"I had a nice day today in math. We watched three movies about mectrics. And I had piano lesson too."
January 14, 1977
"Hubert Humphrey died last night of cancer. We might go bowling today or we might go someplace fun. Like skating!"
January 15, 1977
"We went skating today."
January 16, 1977
"We have no school today."
January 17, 1977
"It was fun in the snow!"
January 18, 1977
"Today is an ordanairy day."
January 19, 1977
"I might go skating every week!"
Janurary 20, 1977
"A reagler day, again. I might build a fort."
January 21, 1977
"I am building a fort. but it is not quite done."
January 22, 1977
"I started a fort. It is almost done!"
January 23, 1977
"My fort is done we play in it alot Andrea and I do."
January 24, 1977
"Today was a plain old day but it rained all night and my snow fort didn't go away!"
January 25, 1977
"Nothing peccular happened today."
May 10, 1977
"Today was ordanary. Andrea and I found a birds egg but we dropped it by mystake."
May 12, 1977
"We have Mrs. Whats her name for Penminship."
On October 15, 1977
"My Fish died Sunday Oct. 15 1977."
If you liked this crap, you'll LOVE Mortified! Get tickets now before the show sells out (it always does)! Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 7 pm at Mo Pitkin's House of Satisfaction. $10. Buy online here and share the shame! It's fun.

4 comments:

Teri said...

how do you blog for us lame, boring people with a life like that?

I'm baffled, really!

Anonymous said...

I checked Wikipedia (cos I'm a loser) and Hubert Humphrey died 13thh January 1978, they reckon. Maybe that will help work out the order.

Fargrave said...

So, you went skating on my birthday in 1977. Ha.

anne altman said...

we had a blast.