Monday, November 03, 2008

TWO CAN ANNE'S 21 Day Triathlon


Monumental monumental times call for monumental measures. On this fine 2008 Election Eve, I've gathered you all here to make an announcement about the commencement of

Two Can Anne's
It Takes 21 Days to Change a Habit
21-Day, At-Home Triathlon.

I've canceled my gym membership indefinitely: a terrible economy, horrendous laziness, and an ever expanding waistline has brought me here. And for the next 21 days, I will compete against myself in the following:

  • 15 minutes on my snow boarding machine
  • 12 minutes of yoga
  • 7 minutes of Magic (Qi Gong)
  • =32 minutes not sitting still on the sofa

Feel free to compete with me in your own terrible personal fitness and/or diet goal. Or, better yet, I encourage you to bet against me finishing my goal. I'll add a poll or details on my progress (or lack thereof) to make the TCAT more exciting.
Day 1 begins today! Only 21 more days to go! This blows. 

12 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Elevator or stairs?

Moderator said...

That's a lot of non-sofa time.

anne altman said...

it is a little ambitious, grant, for sure. we'll see how it goes.

and sans, as far as stairs go, doesn't that qualify for an extra sport? wouldn't that be a quadathlon? how about we just say that i take the stairs when i feel like it?

(i'm never gonna feel like it am i?)

Del-V said...

You can just switch to light beer. I've lost 3 pounds doing that.

love, jenn said...

You are never gonna feel like it, AA! I am proud of your triathalon and offer one of my one... sadly, it involves more sofa time, less exercise and ice cream. Well, not sad for me but for my ass? Well, that's another story!!

anne altman said...

DAY ONE: DONE.

DAY TWO: tomorrow morning.

so far i'm still out of shape.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I'm looking for a bigger commitment from you.

On a personal note, when I used to work in a building with eight floors, I had a vertical excercise track, basement to 8th floor south stairwell, along the 8th floor corridor then down to basement north stairwell. 3 loops.

That is what made me the wreck of the man I am today.

Two flights at least?
One flight?

anne altman said...

i always take the stairs down. . .

Sans Pantaloons said...

I am content, and owe you a camera.

Tanya Kristine said...

good luck. i've been trying to get in THAT habit for 11 years. my belly keeps winning.

brad4d said...

I would suggest reversing the routine The other way around because I do Taichi everyday it seems the stretch and cardio build from spiritual center to physical heart

anne altman said...

thank you for the suggestion will employ!