Monday, November 24, 2008

TWO CAN ANNE'S 21 Day Triathlon: Update


Unfortunately, my 21 day in-home fitness experiment was derailed by the influenza virus on Tuesday, November 17, just 8 days short of the finish line which is today. Despite the setback, it was a success on all counts. With no scale and a full length mirror, I can say with confidence that I'm way less fat and way more fit after 14 days straight of regular exercise (drunk or sober) for 30 minutes or more. I really started seeing a difference a week in, and not a second before. When I fell ill, I was unable to do anything but suffer and sleep, and this caused me to lose about five pounds I'm guessing--which was never my goal. I wanted to get fit, not lose any weight. Some of that may be the muscle I was developing, sadly, but if you really need to lose those pesky five, I recommend 8 days of sleeping and suffering. The Mario Lanza Diet, if you will.

When I'm feeling better in a few days, I'll continue the Two Can Anne Triathlon to make up the 8 days I missed and start anew with my new habit. Why? Because in 14 days, I found out that not being a huge sluggish load is more fun than being a huge sluggish load.

2 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Renewed!

anne altman said...

yes! the new old me.

yay!