Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Opposite of What I'm Hearing as I Suffer Loudly, Brattishly, Home Sick Today

I Googled "noise" to post about the construction project happening on my apartment floor which is disturblingly, relentlessly, preventing me from recuperating from my cold, and I got the Derek Trucks Band's live performance of Joyful Noise. It's sooooo, so so sooooo,  totally the opposite of what I'm listening to right now (band saws, hammers, power drills) that I'm cranking it with all the intensity that a MacBook can do with an new owner who is too broke and/or cheap to buy $100 speakers. And if you're feeling bad (or good), I encourage you, when you have time, to crank it too. 

Viva Joyful Noise. Viva Derek Trucks. And Band. You're welcome. Remember: I do accept gift cards. 

2 comments:

Moderator said...

I highly, highly recommend a white noise maker.

Groundcat said...

i'm sorry you're not feeling well. good music does help. i saw Derek when he was a wee little lad at Wilbert's (?) back in 199? I think he was 15-16 yrs old at the time. he was great then, but sure has matured.

thanks for sharing and get well.