Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So There I Was Tonight

Watching "Valley of the Dolls" and craving a McDonald's Southwest Chicken Salad, and you know what? I couldn't even bring myself to walk a few blocks to get one. I simply couldn't deal with the possibility that my local franchise had stopped putting it on the menu as well. Can you imagine the horror? I'd be standing there like an idiot. "Would you like the Asian Chicken Salad instead?"

NO FUCKIN' WAY, LADY!

No fuckin' way.

And I'd have to walk out of there empty handed and smellin' like McDonald's. Not going to happen.

Sigh.

7 comments:

Teri said...

maybe you should buy a few at one time that way you'll be good for a few days.

Just Dave said...

Or you could make your own. Just need chicken, lettuce, a can of corn and a can of black beans. Combine in bowl, season to taste, sprinkle some crushed tortilla chips over it, maybe some cheese and squeeze half a fresh lime over the whole thing. Enjoy.

anne altman said...

i'm afraid it wouldn't be the same.

Just Dave said...

Yeahm probably not. You would be missing that McDonalds ambiance.

Nina Paley said...

Love is hard, Anne. And unrequited love is the hardest of all. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

GLITTERGIRL said...

1. "return to the valley of the dolls" is even better.

2. don't even start eating "cheesy tots" from burger king. they are so good, it don't make no sense! some kind of potato-cheese combo that they magically bread and deep fry. and it's for a limited time only.

i am just waiting for them to be gone from the menu and my cholesterol count to dip below 200. which is total bullshit.

sharon said...

I feel your pain. I was pretty pissed when they stopped making the Cobb salad. Now I make do with the Bacon Ranch salad. Every day, it gets a little easier. Life goes on...