Saturday, March 22, 2008

People Are Never Going to Stand Clear of the Closing Doors

I think it's time for a little qi gong, folks. I've gotten off track. Plus, this afternoon, I am going to American Girl Place. If you don't know what American Girl Place is, then you don't know any little rich white girls who have an American Girl Doll or poor little other color girls who want an American Girl Doll. Essentially, American Girl Doll is the upper scale, modern version of Cabbage Patch doll mania, but larger and more expensive and comes with more provenance--ie: they come in all flavors of America's melting pot and are accompanied by a story of that heritage, but most importantly, they have an entire store dedicated to the crap your parents can buy you to go with the doll including clothes, hairstyling, and last but not least, a tea party which I am attending this afternoon with a very special young lady, her doll, and grownup people.

I better do some qi gong now.

1 comment:

Nina Paley said...

I like you angsty; you blog more.