Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Do Something Good for Someone or Something Else


I've been feeling pretty crappy these days. Planet earth is melting, animals, land, and water are disappearing, America is crumbling, and the dollar is worthless. Oh, and there's a huge war going on started by some jerk who shall remain nameless. Sigh. Then you've got the a-holes running around. Like the one who installed a central air conditioner in the building across the street which sounds like a Mac truck is idling outside my window 24 hours a day for two weeks now. I wondered why I was clenching my teeth in my own apartment. And the broad who plowed into me at the dry cleaners this morning to get by without an "Excuse me." You better believe I gave her stink eyes. And on, and on, and on and on and on. On it goes. What to do?

I decided to help someone other than my own fat ass. I got out my checkbook and wrote a check for $20 to the Riddle Elephant Sanctuary (Willie, born in 1979 is pictured here), and organization in which I was able to "adopt" Tuffy the elephant last year for $100. Talk about no control over their lives, these poor creatures are fucked at every turn, entirely being wiped out by humans. Whether they're being poached in Africa or Asia for their tusks, losing their habitats to development worldwide, or being abused in circuses or zoos, being rescued and living out their lives in a sanctuary devoted to their care is the best thing that can happen to them. Sure, it's only $20--but the elephants need it more than I need a 4 trips to Dunkin Donuts, you know?

So please, at the very least, if you can't make a donation to your favorite charity, would you click here to feed an animal for free? Thank you!

No comments: