Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Say Goodbye to The Godfather and The President

James Brown and former President Gerald Ford: may they rest in peace. It's sad when people die over the holidays. But I guess it's no less sad to die on other days.

I don't remember much about President Ford, I was more of a Jimmy Carter kid. I was mad about him even if I didn't understand his politics and really only remembered the peanuts and his brother Billy (and that Silly Billy Beer).

I perfected an illustration of Jimmy's face which featured his huge teeth. I used to draw it all the time. I remember drawing one of my "Jimmy Carters" when I went to visit my baby sister for the first time in the hospital. I drew a few peanuts in there for good measure. I also did some illustrations of Connie Chung, my other muse at the time. Then I recall that we remembered to take my sister home but accidentally left the drawings in my mom's hospital room. I was sorta pissed about that.

No comments: