Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Like Badtz-Maru


Why? Hard to say. Is it because
  1. He is a pissed off penguin?
  2. He has a girlfriend named Hana Maru, a white seal?
  3. He has a pet alligator named Pochi?
  4. He has a friend named Pandaba, a skirt-wearing panda bear?

Again, hard to say. Most likely a combination of all of the above, with extra emphasis on #1. I think we look alike. You can buy Badtz-Maru products for me at sanrio.com. You know, the makers of Hello Kitty! Badtz-Maru clearly must be her alter ego.

2 comments:

Chris Battle said...

I used to have a DJ Badtz Maru mousepad. I miss it still.

The new designs suck. What's wrong with Sanrio?

anne altman said...

what's wrong with sanrio. good question. i'm going to take a guess and say the following horseshit:

they overexpanded their designs like the GAP overexpanded their retail stores and they just couldn't produce quality anymore.

do you buy that?