Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I Love Being Belittled By a Little President

President Bush reacted oh so undefensively and in typical form to the declassification of the report (which was produced by his own administration) that the Iraq war has made the threat of terrorism worse by saying that those of us who believe this are "naive" because the idea is "preposterous."

What?

Is he saying that the war in Iraq has not created many more angry punks all over the place with headbands and Kalashnikovs and nothing to live for who want to kill us and everyone who associates with us? I know I was at my personal level of fill before the war, thank you very much, and I'm willing to bet that more than 50% of the people in the U.S. (if not the world) agree with me. My people: The naive and preposterous. I'm just waiting for him to call me a stupid idiot. It's around the corner, I just know it.

I love this quality, this belittling, always right disposition? Especially in a man. Reminds me of my ex-boyfriend's father. Great guy. Really respected his wife's opinion. Once when she was showing off her nails to me, fresh from the salon, he said, "You got your nails done? In that color? It's ugly. I hate that color. What idiot gets that color? What's for dinner? Tacos? I hate tacos. What a stupid idea. I can do 50 one-armed pushups. What can you do? None. That's right, none. Don't be stupid." Miss him!

5 comments:

Chris Battle said...

Remember, that's The Decider you're talking about there.

newbluebaby said...

To fair, he's calling half the country naive. The other half apparently sees no wrong. He could quote Hitler and they'd accept him.

Teri said...

I don't think folks would go that far, do you New Blue????

newbluebaby said...

OK, Hitler may be a bit exaggerated.

But there are too many people brainwashed by FOX News and talk radio, who will constantly agree with him despite obvious hypocrisies and lies.

And after this report, which shows how much he has screwed our kids and grandkids, he will still have supporters claiming it is a spin by liberals or whatever and they'll back him.

Just Dave said...

So Robin Williams made a movie about what it would be like if we elected a comedian as president. I thought we did that in 2004, except we are finding out he is just embarrassingly stupid, not funny. Kinda like Jerry Lewis without Jerrys intellectual bent.