Sunday, June 25, 2006

Cat House, Cat Mouse


Doggone it, Doodle's at it again. Last night it was so hot that I had the back door off the kitchen open, and Missy Pissy went out to hang out on the cool cement of the back hallway around 5 or 6 p.m. and from there went on a little jaunt. She didn't return until 9:15.

When she returned, she was not alone. She had a little mousie friend in her teeth, one that she dragged up from the outside 8 flights of stairs, one that she brought into the house to play with.

How nice for me!

I chased her, mouse in mouth, right into the bathroom and shoved my bathrobe under the door so Mr. Mousie wouldn't escape under the crack of the door and crawl over my face at night as I slept or whatevs. I gave them an hour or so to duke it out, and when I slowly opened the door, peeking with hope to see a bloodbath and a mouse put out of it's misery...

I instead found a meowing and frantic Doodle, and no fucking mouse.

She lost it!

In my house!

Someone is still upset and jumping at every little movement, skulking around, sniffing around, and desperate to find her little playmate.

I'm desperately hoping that she finds it too.

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Holy shit, I hope Doodle finds it before you do. Meesis and my worst fear! I think I would faint again if I saw a mouse in my house. ACK!

Bumpkyn said...

ha ha ha...do you hear it? Do you think you hear it? Sorry, funny story..go Doodle...hope she finds it first!

Berry said...

My dog brought a live snake home once. Dropped it right there on the kitchen floor. I moved. I actually fucking moved.

Come Back Brighter said...

How does she lose it in an enclosed bathroom? Cats are funny. A whole lot funnier when it's not your house with a mouse on the loose.

Elizabeth said...

is doodle getting old? or becoming a softie?

newbluebaby said...

The average human swallows 8 mice a year in their sleep.

anne altman said...

oh good god. i thought i woke up with a sore throat.


eeeek!!!

doodle doesn't know if she's coming or going these days. so obsessed she is with trying to get out of the house, she hears the call of the wild.

thankfully she was able to satiate herself with a fly she caught in mid-air with only two swipes. she loves her some flies. mmmmmm. flies....

Lauren K said...

Sounds like Doodle needs a Hoodsie.