Thursday, June 15, 2006

No, I Did Not Win Lotto Tonight

I know many of you were probably thinking, "Geez, no post from Anne. Must mean her ship has come in! Sad for the lack of a post but glad for the gain of a million dollars!"

Yeah, well, you can calm down now.

Either Lotto is rigged, or I'm just not concentrating hard enough on picking the right numbers. I have GOT to get my shit together.

On a lighter note, the 50+ year old maintenance guy I danced with tonight at our annual company staff party at the Rainbow Room--whom I only really met briefly because he changed the flourescent bulbs in our office two weeks ago--said to me, "I didn't think you'd have this much energy."

I'm going to try not and read too much into that statement and just take it as a compliment. Now, does the fact that he was wearing a glowstick around his neck and the plastic 1980s Ray-Bans from the DJ prop box discredit him any? Because I was cutting a rug, ayite? This bitch can dance.

I might not be able to count on Lotto, but I can count on several awkward moments with Gerald from Maintenance from this day forward. So that's cool.

8 comments:

Dreamlover said...

haha, oh gosh, I love it.

Hey, and for the lotto thing, whilst concentrating on numbers, start to hum and wave your hands around for inspiration. Might not give you the right numbers, but maybe a free ticket, haha

once you dig in said...

I guess the big question then is, Would You Bang The Maintenence Guy? Since he now realizes that you aren't the big pile of lethargy he thought you were?

Unknown said...

hi there,

1052 - that's for the lotto. Not sure how many digits you need there but do let me know if you win and need to share the spoils. a friend dreams of the World Cup matches and so far won 3-0, so he's probably accurate.

the number's mine tho, not his, i'm only trying my luck.

Valerie said...

Rock on witchu bad self!

newbluebaby said...

Got yourself a Schnieder eh?

Carolyn said...

Annie,

ASK HIM OUT!

Peter Matthes said...

80s Raybans + Glowstick + Lewd remarks about how you could be going three ways while he is going one = Extasy (MDMA) tablets.

Go Gerald

Throw the guy a bone.

anne altman said...

i'm simply too shy, carolyn. i've dropped all the hints i can drop.

DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT

DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT