Friday, June 30, 2006

Greetings From Boston's North Shore

The next time I book a 6:30 am flight out of JFK, somebody please punch me in the throat?

Thanks.

I didn't kick anyone on the plane, I just had to deal with the proud ugly parents of an ugly toddler who was so special that she could stand in the aisles whilst her Dad whistled this tune to her 3 separate times that must make her dance or something "cute". So, I had to be the one to piss on his 6 a.m. Whistle Parade and glare back a few times to let him know without saying anything (effective technique), that I don't care how "well" you whistle, pal, whistling is always annoying, it's never cute, and it is something that only your kid and your wife should be punished with so stop showing off. WHISTLING IS FOR THE BIRDS, BEEEEEEYATCH.

The weather is beautiful here, a nice cool breeze off the water with no visible bits of poo or flying rats to choke on or ruin the view of the harbor. Just seagulls, which to some are considered flying garbage cans which squirt visible poo, but it's a change of pace from the regular rat race for me. Tonight I'll escape even farther north to Vermont. Take off.

PS Keep cool, brothers and sisters. Eat a peach. Just had one and they're gorgeous, stand-over-the -sink quality. Mmmm.

8 comments:

Peter said...

"Whistle Parade"--that's awesome. I'm in total agreement. Fat people don't bother me, bad smells I can live with, and fuck leg space. But an annoying child and their annoying parents can drive me to "kill us all".

Fargrave said...

Enjoy the fresh air (poo-free). I'm hoping to get up to the Lake George area myself in about 2 weeks. Schroon Lake to be exact.

Enjoy!

Valerie said...

adios amiga! Have a good vacation!

nouseforaname said...

You should have beat them down! Take out the kid first, while the parents stand there in shock- take em down! That would have been good- would have made the news- you would have been a star.

Bumpkyn said...

This could have been you!! Thankfully you managed to restrain yourself!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/01/unruly.passenger.ap/index.html

Diamond Ry said...

Always a good post, Anne.
Helps me get through my mundane job reading your brain.

AGFH said...

I just read through your entire main page and I just have to say that this is one of the best blogs I have come across. As long as you don't mind I am going to add your link to mine as I know several people who will love your writing.

yanmaneee said...

nike air max 270
vans shoes
yeezy shoes
golden goose sneakers
supreme new york
yeezys
air max 2019
kyrie 6
jordan 13
lebron 15 shoes