Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm Back From the Great Green North, Hosers!

Hey, hosers. Happy Fifth of July to everyone! And Happy Fourth of July to my U.S. gals, guys, animals, vegetables, and minerals.

I did not blog from Vermont; I kept my visit clean livin'(no t.v. and no computer)and made sure to take advantage of the locale in every other way. I'll blog about it later.

Now, I'm back in MA and want to enjoy the last remaining hours I have with a clean cool breeze off the ocean before I fly back to the blazing heat and humidity of NYC and find a dead cat in my apartment. I don't know that she's dead, but hey, it could happen. Plus, this morning I woke up to a bad dream where someone had given me a pet rabbit in Vermont and I kept it down by the creek in a hutch and forgot about it until somebody said "Hey, your rabbit's dead." Sort of like Trainspotting but without the blue baby. Rough.

So...

Welcome back, me.





13 comments:

Valerie said...

missed you!

newbluebaby said...

Welcome back. I got splashed by an SUV today about 10 feet from my work's entrance. I almost made it. I lay dying, reaching for the door. I am back. Let the pain wash over you. You are alive.

Carolyn said...

It's actually been raining dead cats. It's gross.

Can't wait for you to get here!

ms fits said...

Welcome homo. What did you bring me as a lesbian gift?


Please note: I am partial to 'craft'.

anne altman said...

vagina jerky!

newbluebaby said...

I just laughed so hard I punched a stranger in the face. Vagina jerky is so outstanding, I will name my first child after it.

Peter said...

I'm about two seconds away from typing out the entire "Strange Brew" screenplay from memory in this little comments box. Thanks for reminding me of it and welcome back.

"It was after the apocalypse, and I was looking for beers..."

Elizabeth said...

what are hosers?

anne altman said...

we are NOT naming our first child Vagina Jerky.

how about something more tasteful like...

oh crap you're right there's nothing more tasteful than vagina jerky.

anne altman said...

liZzie, you've just inspired a post.

i need to share with the children the magic that is/was the mackenzie brothers.

newbluebaby said...

We'll name the kid Hosehead.

Elizabeth said...

i didn't know newbluebabies were old enough to start making other babies. the cycle of life still confounds me a bit.

anne altman said...

Hosehead it is.

It's unisex, i like it.