Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Couple of Post Lunch Observations About Myself

  1. I chose a little of the three bean salad.
  2. I chose the tomato soup.
  3. I took a few bites/sips of each and put them into the refrigerator to live with all the other lunches I've tossed in there to die since Monday.
  4. I have a little garlic breath.
  5. The three bean isn't as good as my Grama Altman's
  6. Because of 1, 2, and 3, I am becoming my grandmother*.

*When I was in college and she was in her eighties and stubbornly still living alone at home, she'd ask me what I wanted for dinner as she struggled to open the refrigerator door. Inside there'd be a tiny crumpled up piece of tin foil with what looked like half a sole of a leather shoe in it. "Well, we could have this."

When y'all come over to my place in 50 years, that's what's for dinner.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

uhh, I'll pass. But thanks.

I'm having chicken enchildas with margaritas, if you want to come over for dinner.

and "y'all"? WTF? You from Texas or Boston? Should't it be "yous all"?

anne altman said...

i don't believe bostonians say 'yous all'. i say everything though, because i'm a jackass.

Valerie said...

yeah, "yous guys". See, whatever! I'm not from the East so what the fuck do I know?

I only know "surfs up dude!" and "like totally wow!"