Monday, July 17, 2006

Maude Monday!


And then there's Maude! And then there's Maude!
For those of you not familiar with Maude, it was a sitcom ahead of it's time. A spinoff of All in the Family, Maude stars Bea Arthur as a Maude Findlay, feminist Democrat and cousin of Edith Bunker. There are several reasons to love this show. In addition to the several stars in the cast, Maude's 70's fashions are reason enough.
I miss Maude. I enjoyed the show in syndication (even though I was really too young to understand it) because Bea Arthur is a rip. I've got to 'on demand' these episodes somewhere or buy the DVDs.
Have a happy Maude Monday, everybody.

6 comments:

Del-V said...

Anything with Bea Arthur is quality. She reminds me of the grandmother I never visit.

Elizabeth said...

oh bea! she is great even though you sorta have to wonder how she did such a good job acting like loser dorothy. maaaaaaaaaaaaa. stanleyyyyyyyyyy.

anne altman said...

her pissed off face was delightful to me.

Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

and then there was adrienne barbeau
who became a B horror flick staple.

Maude Findlay: [referring to Carol's ample bosom] To think I bought you your first training bra. Look how you've broken training. Maude" (1972)

anne altman said...

yes adrienne barbeau: creep show!

Brandy For Sale. said...

I fucking LOOOOOOVE Maude. What a kickass show.

Remember when she had an abortion and all hell broke loose? I loved the theme somg, too. That Bea Arthur is too, too much.