Saturday, June 17, 2006

Too Tan Anne

*
If you've never stood naked (save for underwear) in front of a woman with air-brush gun full of Quick Tan Juice, I recommend it. Since I haven't sunbathed for over ten years (I'm the dork at the beach with the 60 who argues "You can still get sun with SPF 60!") and not for health reasons, but because I'm completely vain about going wrinkly too soon. Anyway, I'm getting some neat-0 photographs taken of myself on Monday, and it was suggested that a little glow might help shine me up or slim me down or whatever the fuck it's supposed to do.

So I opted for the fake bake----the one that Hollywood whores abuse that makes them look orange on the red carpet--not the real ultraviolet sun simulation. It took about 20 minutes of me posing with arms up, arms to the side, yada, yada, yada whilst she sprayed this cool mist of tanning chemical on me. I didn't think it was making a difference until I looked under the waistband of my underwear: Ban de Soleil, everybody, it's a deep, dark and Tropicana tan. For me.

Apparently it gets darker during the next 6 hours. During which time I went to Sym's and tried on this amazing pale pink 100% silk full-length gown that I inadvertently stained with tanning juice on the inside lining near the cleavage that I then had the balls to ask for a discount on when I got to the register. The manager had the balls to give me a lousy $10 off (5%) and with a guilty conscience, I accepted. It was me afterall, but she didn't know that. I'd never accept 5% off on somebody else's tanning juice residue, but whatevs. I had to have it.

Ahh, spray on bronze. Just one of those things in this world that everyone should experience at least once before Iran and North Korea nuke us.

* I don't know who this broad is. But someone does, and they fuckin' love her, man, so don't rag on her poor choice of dress sans straps. Sure, she should have thrown that pink Pasminka over her shoulders, but nobody was there to coach her, ayite? Friends and family let her down.

3 comments:

Max Tesatora said...

This makes me laugh. Are you really 37? The staying out of the sun is working well for you. I've been a sun worshipper for 10 years and it's starting to show. It's cuz of Heather Collen's mom, who told me as a teenager that "tanned fat is muscle" or something like that...

Unknown said...

God your a trip..and that pic..nothing beats laughing like a friggin hyena at 2am..to freak out everyone within earshot.

anne altman said...

"Tanned fat is muscle" Mrs. Collen

That woman is a spin artistE. I'd buy that.

I believe that it's not looks that age people necessarily. someone is old when the word "duty" doesn't compel them to screech with laughter, "Ha! You said doody."

i guess by someone i mean me.