Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Love New York

Tonight I've decided to tackle assorted papers as the latest victims of my 9 Things a Day Throwaway Project. But now I actually have to do 18 because I blew it off last night. So far, I've thrown out at least 20 single sheets, mainly emails I've printed over the years and saved because for some reason I thought it important to remember correspondence with friends whom are no longer in my life and old boyfriends I dumped because they either abused or annoyed me.

I did read something funny, though. In 2004 I wrote to someone about a sign I spotted on the entrance to a building in Manhattan that read:

PLEASE STOP URINATING ON THIS DOOR. USE THE RESTROOM.

See, had I not kept every email I've ever written or received, that little NYC nugget would have been lost forever.

Nugget. Not a fan of this word.

7 comments:

anne altman said...

oh, it's never over.

incidentally, i prefer pack mouse, if that's ok. an impossibly cute, stylish at times, underpaid mouse with good intentions?

can we please refer to me as such?

thanks.

Berry said...

You know what else is funny? Nuggets come in a Combo.

Just sayin'...

p.s. - Not to slow your progress, but I'm not sure individual pieces of paper count; paper's more like a category, I would think.

anne altman said...

hey hey hey hey listen feng shui master said 'it all counts'

ayite?

IT ALL COUNTS!

RIGHT?

Peter Matthes said...

What's tomorrow night?

Cat hairs?

If we call you pack rat, what do we call Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy, Rob Lowe, Demi Moore, Molly Ringwald ... etc?

ms fits said...

What am I supposed to do when I 'tackle assorted Anne Altman blog posts' and realise that in the two days I've been absent from your blog you've written five hundred fucking witty and erudite pieces about all kinds of interesting shit?


Riddle me that, O The Great Fucking Prolifo.

matt said...

Hypothetically speaking, don't mouth off when being questioned about peeing in public. Hypothetically speaking.

anne altman said...

MS FITS:

I AM NOT WORTHY OF YOUR PRAISE

but if you want me to keep generating posts about intresting shit like boogers, underpants, and farts

it'd be my honor.

XO