Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Aw, Crap

Here are two shows that made me a little pissed I stayed home sick from school. I suffered through them anyway, but I wasn't happy about it. I have a clear memory of disappointment.


Davey & Goliath and it's creepy sad sack Christian messages

Davey, Goliath, a Black Friend, and a Policeman Investigating the Suspicious Scene

The New Zoo Revue and it's boring terribleness. I honestly have no recollection of the show other than the theme song and audible groan I would emit once the opening credits started to roll. It must have been bad.

Freddie the Frog, Charlie the Owl, and Henrietta the Hippo. "It's the New Zoo Revue...coming right at you. (groan) with three delightful animals, have fun with what they do...(waaaa!!!)" Henrietta the Hippo was the most memorable because she had the largest nostrils.

5 comments:

Jen said...

AHAHAAhahaHAHAH
New Zoo Revue....
HAHahahahahah

anne altman said...

great! oh, i don't pay julia enough.

faking sick was a rite of passage. any CTW product was worth it. new zoo, however...

Some Guy said...

The New Zoo Revue scared the living fuck out of me! And yet I'm sure I have seen more than one episode.

I grew up Lutheran, so I'm well aware of the lameness that is "Davey & Goliath". They would play episodes during the summer when the Sunday School teachers were on their break.

Teri said...

oh, the memories, why did you have to scare me Anne?

Chris Battle said...

Whoah-- instant wish fulfillment can sometimes be a bad thing.

My bro and I were forced to watch Davey & Goliath. No fun at all. Check out Adult Swim's MOREL ORAL for a real f'd up take on D&G.