Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Water Taxi Beach, NYC

Here's a cool dump in town. Well, Long Island City, to be exact. It's a great place to hit this summer. Water Taxi Beach boasts cheap beer, cheap eats, picnic tables, great views of the city, sand between your toes, eclectic crowd, and a DJ. Convenient access via NYC Water Taxi or the 7 train.

Do it.

Oh, and since there's no access to the biohazardous East River for swimming, they spritz you with a constant cool mist which echoes the surf. I thought someone may have been pissing into the wind but I was soon corrected. This is NYC afterall. Go early and stay into the evening to watch the sunset. It was relatively crowded when I arrived, but by the time I left, there was a line to get in. A LINE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, stop it!

Lines. I don't wait in lines. In this town? Absurd. Please.
Here are some shots from the day. I didn't post the ones with me in them because frankly, they're too hot for you.





4 comments:

Valerie said...

I heart NY!

matt said...

I went once and randomly ran into celebrity Liam McEneaney.

It's where the stars spritz.

Teri said...

I heart NY too. we want pictures of Ann, with an autograph please. we want to sell that baby on ebay one day.

anne altman said...

liam mceneaney! you recognized him amongst his posse? i thought he never went out in public anymore.