Monday, August 28, 2006

Miss Me Miss Me Now You Want To Kiss Me?

Ladybug on a Mint Leaf, Caspian Lake Vermont, 8/06

Ladybugs aren't as gross as other bugs because...well, they're ladies. Duh.

Doodle and I are back from Vermont and I can't say we're lovin' it. Reality bites, it bites so hard. How's about a short recap of the week up there off the top of my head:

  1. The weather was stunning, rain or shine. It did everything but hail and snow. A few nights got down to 30 degrees; autumn is in the air up there, kids. A few trees are turning already.
  2. The Sox suck. I haven't taken my cap off, but things have gone from bad to worse. A loss to Seattle? Geez. But, I can't say blame them for losing hope. Poor Big Papi is probably like, WTF? How can I possibly save this broken down team? All their games were at ten p.m. following the Boston Massacre the week of 8/18, Lord knows I didn't have the stamina to deal. Too bad I'm not crazy into football. The Patriots are looking pretty sweet. Again. That Tom Brady sure is cute. Of course, he's dating some Hollywood twat. But he's a class act anyway.
  3. Doodle took advantage of the great outdoors finding enough to eat only to come in mornings for a few bites of pre-killed canned breakfast and then back out the door for another 24 hours. She got into a brawl with Thor, the cat from across the street who wondered again this summer who the hell was creeping around in "his" barn, and she suffered a few minor injuries. Otherwise she's fine and disappointed / resigned to be back in Manhattan. She'll sleep for 3 weeks.
  4. Apparently on-time flight departures aren't meant for me. My flight out of Boston was supposed to leave at 8.45 pm. I got home at 1 am. Sure, I'll take a late departure over a nosedive, but it's lame regardless. I managed to make an "earlier" flight standby and sat next to an adorable Masshole fellow who kindly shared his car to Manhattan with me.
  5. I took advantage of the lack of cellular towers and other communication devices and in addition to fresh air, fresh food and exercise, read me a good old fashioned book. In keeping with my tradition of reading macabre biographies when I'm in paradise, this time I chose Mary Todd Lincoln by Jean Baker. Review to follow.
  6. Welcome back, me.

4 comments:

Nina Paley said...

Welcome back.

Creepy said...

I still can't believe you take your cat with you on vacation. She sure is a diva.

anne altman said...

it was more a vacation for me than for her: she's a huntress makes it highly annoying for her keeper when she can't get out and kill stuff like she needs to do. she's a diva, but a good way.

Fargrave said...

Anne's back! I miss my daily dose of funny when you're on vacation. I also get envious of the digs you stay at. More pictures please! Welcome back.