Monday, August 21, 2006

Good Mourning

The Sox suffered another painful loss last night. Sure, the Yanks have some injuries, but not like we do. That's my story and I'm sticking to it: Catcher (and captain) Jason Varitek, right fielder Trot Nixon, starting pitcher Matt Clement, closer Keith Foulke, short stop Alex Gonzalez, middle relief Manny Del Carmen, knuckle baller and Yankee killer, Tim Wakefield. I could go on. Considering these holes, we did some serious damage and Manny and Papi still walked away with some huge numbers for their stats. I do want to mention what a great job Kevin Youkilis and Mike Lowell and blah blah blah it was a great effort considering. If we played poorly, then none of the 4 games would have taken 50 hours to play. Anyone who says that is an a-hole. One more game today at 1. I'm thinking if Francona sends a private plane up to Stowe I can get there in time to start warming up in the bullpen. They need me.

Today it's 55 degrees up here in the Green Mountains. We're going to Mt. Hope in Barre to see the cemetery which is apparently a showcase of all the immigrant Italian stone carvers who came over in the 1800's. I will make sure to provide adequate photo accompaniment. A cemetery field trip just feels right today.

And Doodle? She's fine. Out and about as I type this. Yesterday I found her sleeping up in the barn on an ancient Victorian chaise lounge next to a petrified mouse she caught last summer.
Gross.

Meow for now.

Go Sox.

9 comments:

Lauren K said...

My stomach hurts.

Go Sox.

Valerie said...

Say hi to Stowe for me. HI STOWE!

Go Sox! Red and White!

Go Javy Lopez. :D bwwhwhshahahahhahaa

Creepy said...

You brought your cat with you?

Moderator said...

Go Sox. Of the white variety only.

Peter Matthes said...

The length of the game really has nothing to do with how lopsided it is. The first few games looked like football scores.

5 out of 5 at Fenway hasn't happened since Boston Bay was ready for lemon slices.

There is always the wildcard ... and potential papelbon bobblehead giveaways.

newbluebaby said...

Saaaaaaweeeeeeeep.





Go Phillies!

Some Guy said...

Go, um, Cubs. (assholes)

Bumpkyn said...

As long as doodle is having a good time, that's what counts. So nice that her leftlovers from last year were right where she left them, dessert?

AL RULES said...

go jays... go to the bank and try to borrow enough cash to compete with the sox and yanks... go and get another starter... go and get a stick to beat shea hillenbrand with... go and get more comfy seats for the rogers center (skydome)... go and read my blog and ask me to design a new killer blue jay logo... go and get me a pizza...