Thursday, July 20, 2006

Reason #739 Why I Could Never Be a Doctor

In the elevator this morning, before I had had my coffee, the elevator stopped at 5. A man got in with a taped gauze pad in a really awkward spot between his eye and his nose.

As disgusting as it was, I must say it was a friendlier sight than the two twats already on the elevator when I got on at 7. I've got a lot of bitchy broads in my building who make you feel like an asshole for acknowledging them with a hello. So, I quit years ago. Sometimes I do it just to fuck with them. But not in the morning. I'm not a morning person.

One of the women standing behind me must have known Mr. Bandage Face.

She: What happened?
He: Oh, I had a blocked tear duct.

Now I'm choking back a little puke...blocked tear duct? How does it get blocked and blocked with what? Bleeechhhhhh!

She: Oh.
He: Yeah, the doctor tried to free it up a little bit...

Now I might not be able to choke it back...free it up a little bit? Good god.

She: Well, feel better.
He: Thanks.

What about me? ? ?

5 comments:

newbluebaby said...

That's what happens when you watch Field Of Dreams and you try and hold back your tears when the "Hey Dad? Wanna have a catch?" scene comes on. You force 'em back, and you blow your tear duct.

Valerie said...

LOL to bluebaby.

Anne, reason #740 you could never be a doctor...YOU HATE PEOPLE!

Peter said...

Real men don't have tear ducts.

anne altman said...

newblue: you're gay.

not that that's a bad thing. it's just a gay thing.

Dale said...

I like that although you quit, you still visit your old work elevator.