Tuesday, July 18, 2006

That's Not Cool

"Con Edison has asked the Building's management to reduce the electrical load between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. today. The Building will be cutting back their electrical load and running their emergency generator. The Property Manager is asking all of the tenants to reduce their electrical load wherever possible. Please turn your lights off when you leave your office, and when you leave this evening, please turn off your computer in addition to logging off. This will go a long way in helping us comply with Con Edison's request."

Lame. But it hasn't been too bad. Hour two has approached, and still seems relatively cool... in...here....THUD

9 comments:

Valerie said...

Hello? you there? if you are still alive, read your email. In desperate need of YOUR advice. YES, YOURS! I know!

newbluebaby said...

She's passed out. Please forward all questions to me. Trust me, I'm good.

anne altman said...

people need advice from the person who hates people?

you've got it.

Valerie said...

LOL - ok, if I don't like Anne's answer, I'll ask you bluebaby.

Dale said...

Wow, that's a load of electrical load you're sporting there.

Moderator said...

I hope your blog isn't sweating.

anne altman said...

Guess how many people in my department lightened their electrical loads?

(ie: did what the email asked)

Lauren K said...

Less than a boatload, I'm guessing.

anne altman said...

yeah, me and three others.