Wednesday, September 20, 2006

An Awesome Thing

I have a wonderful friend who has very thick, very long beautiful hair. Normally I think to myself, "Bitch has very thick, very long beautiful hair. Thinks she's so great. Must be nice to have such very thick, very long beautiful hair."

But you see, she doesn't think she's so great, which she is, and it's just one of the reasons why I think she's so great. And you will too, when I say that this afternoon, she is kissing those long thick beautiful locks goodbye for a very good cause: Locks For Love. It's an organization which provides wigs at low or no charge to kids who have lost their own hair due to chemotherapy.

I'd donate my 'do too, but this bitch doesn't have enough to spare--you've got to grow 10 inches to donate--I'd be left with a buzz and still wouldn't make the cut. I'm just going to live vicariously through her good deed and be happy with mine: you know, saving some elephants.

5 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

You have a good heart Anne, that's why you are loved by us all.

Teri said...

Sans said it all.

my niece did this when she was about 5 years old. the girl had hair down to her butt. my sister suggested she donate the hair and off it came.

this is a great cause for the kids.

anne altman said...

awww, shucks (red face)...

but what's a blog without it's incredible readership?

now i'm going to give doodle a major beatdown so you guys don't get the wrong impression of me

matt said...

All I can picture are elephants wearing wigs.

Bumpkyn said...

Tears are in my eyes, ok they were, not anymore.

I'm only a good person if I don't freak out at the last minute and run out screaming!!

But thanks for the nice words beforehand ;)

Here's to the elephants (horn blowing)