Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Don't Fear the Reaper--Or the Cat Hair


Well, Wednesday has proven to be quite productive at Two Can Anne. Doodle and I had a little breakfast, and then we worked out to Belly Dancing I and II (that's a whopping 22 minutes, people) using our Time Warner Cable On Demand feature that we can't afford. Doodle is now napping in her lei. I told her that it belly dancing isn't exactly Hawaiian, but she wanted to wear it, so who am I to tell her no?

Other good things:
  1. I booked my Thanksgiving travel plans. My advice, do it now, folks. Most traveled few days in all of America. So expect high prices, and totally annoying airports.
  2. Deleting old email, I came across a note from a headhunter who was stalking me at my last job. And here I thought it was lost forever! Oh, I love it when shit like that happens.
  3. I did not win the lottery. Oh, wait, this should actually go in the Bad Things list, but I'll take a positive spin with it and say, I did not win the lottery, but there is always tonight.
  4. Did you guys buy that?
  5. I was also able to install my Canon Elph camera software, something I was not able to do with my p.o.s (piece of shit) old computer. I think my old photo software was beating down the new, and it wouldn't let me download without crashing. Thankfully this new laptop which so was kindly donated to me is a nice clean slate in which to work.
  6. Tonight I perform my teen angst piece at Get Mortified's 4th Birthday Show at the Tank Theater in NYC. On November 28-- Mortified : Real Words, Real People, Real Pathetic--the book will be available in book stores, and you can buy it. If you don't, you'll probably get it from me as a Christmas present. I am now an officially published and professional author: I got my $100 royalty check in the mail last week. Perfect timing!

9 comments:

Teri said...

this picture says to me:

"I know I'm cute and all but why does this broad take all these pictures of me?"

congrats on the book deal and call that head hunter.

newbluebaby said...

You mean he's just crashing at a buddy's place? It happens.

Peter Matthes said...

I guess the early bird gets the worm.

Mortified is SOLD OUT!

If you are going to sell out ... that is the good kind.

anne altman said...

sweet jesus on a ritz! it was sold out! i'm sorry you didn't get in but next time i promise more notice!

Mel said...

Wow, a published person?? I am not worthy!

I would sell those linens on ebay too. Hey, maybe you can claim Madonna slept on them and get even more! No one will know! I hear she sleeps quite often.

Berry said...

Okay... I take back my earlier comment regarding a possible cute-off.

That picture of Doodle Lei-ing around beats the one of Fleahead.

Elizabeth said...

tell us about the show!!

newbluebaby said...

Yes, more notice would have been nice. In fact, I'll be performing show tunes in the lobby in 7 minutes. See you there!

anne altman said...

okokokokokok got you. BUT, i do post shows i know about in advance on this here very blog. so check 'em out in the sidebar! get yourself a drink while you're there and tip your bartender!