Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Say This to Me at Your Own Risk

Howdy, parents and parents-to-be out there! It's getting to be that time of year again, the time to prepare the Friends and Family Christmas Letter! You know the one, typed up on the computer--on some delightful holiday stationery perhaps featuring some scanned photos-- where you discuss in the third person what's going on with you, your husband and your tykes via regular mail or email? Ok, great!

Listen up:

Use the term "in-home daycare provider" instead of the term "babysitter" and you're looking at a punch in the face via regular mail or email.

Thanks.

4 comments:

Moderator said...

I never have written one of those lame ass letters. And I never will.

newbluebaby said...

The immediate family gets a Xmas card.

That's it. The rest is a waste of time.

nouseforaname said...

ohh hell no, I inflict my misery on everyone I can possibly think of.... I make most of it up soo my little family sounds like a bunch of raging lunatics and accident prone retards.

"Little Chris broke his collarbone for the 3rd time this year, those damn horses ya know...."

"if you are in the giving mood this year we would really appreciate any canned goods and dry goods that you would like to contribute to our underground bunker."

"Aunt Betsy has plans to be Uncle Bob by Christmas so please adjust your gifts accordingly"

piglet said...

Wow. You're strict. What if I use that phrase in reference to my dogs? Although I was thinking more along the lines of "in-home cuddle provider."