Friday, September 29, 2006

Suddenly I Have a Headache: I Blame the BBC

The BBC produces a good radio news program because the reporters ask the hard-hitting questions of shifty politicians to the point of embarrassment for the listener. That is good.

What is bad: listen too long to these BBC radio hosts' annoying accents, and soon your find your brains dripping out of your ears and onto your keyboard. There are four or five hosts I'm familiar with, Owen Bennett Jones is one and he's bad but not the worst. There's a broad who makes my hair turn white, and it's not her this morning. I don't know who is on today, but soon they'll be off because I can't listen anymore. Headache.

4 comments:

anne altman said...

hhahahahaha! it was owen bennett jones. add him to the annoying list i guess!

Brandy For Sale. said...

When I hear "BCC World Report" I know I am naughty because that means it is 9 am and I am still in my apartent in Brooklyn and am now officially late to work. I like that.

anne altman said...

hahahaha me too, brandy! at least the old me from two weeks ago could relate.

Just Dave said...

I like the way their voices never change intonation. " 400 million people were killed in a nuclear accident today. Now over to Jillian Smythe-Davies at the Covent Garden Antiques Fair. Jillian?"