Thursday, July 06, 2006

2006 Fireworks

Greensboro Vermont has their fireworks on July 2. Why? Because they do. How do you like the "Fireworks" setting on the camera? Pretty sweet, huh? I thought so.
(Better be, damn thing cost a billion dollars and it doesn't zoom like my old camera does, you know, the one I left on the train, but then again that one was bigger and heavier and this one is so small I can carry it everywhere but yet I feel like I'm always leaving it somewhere when it's actually in my pocket so is that annoying?)
So, the fireworks and parade and lake and time in Vermont was gorgeous per usual even though was third wheel to my sis and her boyfriend and there were fireworks between those two as well. Get the hose! Not really, they're cute. We drank beer. We read books. We played bocce. We flew kites. We rode bikes. We jumped in the lake. We kayaked. We grilled. We drank beer.
I drank more beer than a frat boy at Hell Week and I'm fat. But whatevs. Labatt's Blue Light. I did so many activities (including cartwheels, I might add) that you'd think I'd have burned it off, but no. But so many activities that I could actually say, "Go fly a kite" and someone could say, "Duh, just did." Or "Go jump in the lake" and someone could reply, 'Double duhhh already did." It was cool.
Will post more photos later.
I only wanted to punch two people in the airport.
As I type this, there is a fly in my office. What, does it come into the 55th Street Entrance, take the elevator and press 41? Then use it's key card to get into the West Side, fly down the hall, make a few lefts, and voila, it's "How Do You Do, Mr. Fly?"
No offense, Mr. Fly, but I have a feeling you're not going to make it out of here alive.
Will I?

8 comments:

Valerie said...

yayayayayayaaaa, welcome back. I missed you! Just in time for me to take off to Denver for a few days.

Were you anywhere near Stowe, Vermont? I've been there. Yes, ME! Miss California. I went there once with my boyfriend at the time. He's a Yankee Yuppie from CT.

anne altman said...

as a matter of fact, yes, quite close to stowe.

glad you kicked that yankee yuppy from ct to the curb though he did have good taste in ladies and locales.

anne altman said...

did i mention i ate a fuckload of ice cream as well?

just did. ok, good.

whipcreamy said...

yes yes yes....cocaine cartwheels, flight kying, and a nonagenarian dressed as a clown....a good time was had by all....you know i can remember being the third wheel with you and your BFs my whole life! but i just accepted them like fambly...and maybe tried to impress them with my farting...

newbluebaby said...

Vermont huh? Do you know Ben and/or Jerry? LOLROTFLMAO!

anne altman said...

they live down the street!
lmaorotfroftlforgofmaoreofrogfrog

Valerie said...

HIs good taste in ladies, locales and the REd Sox is what kept him around as long as he was. :)

anne altman said...

GO SOX!!!