Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Da Da Da Da Da...I'm Lovin' It

Teachers are underpaid. My wonderful cousin teaches public school. First grade in tony Palm Springs to a very poor Hispanic community under the unforgiving and unproductive strains of No Child Left Behind. My sister told me today about a very effective technique McDonald's Style that helps my cousin cope.

When the kids are acting up in class, she'll command their attention with a rousing go of: "Da da da da da...I'm not lovin' it!" And they'll quiet down. Sometimes she'll hear them talk amongst themselves after she does the Da da da da da with, "Come on, guys, shut up! She's not lovin' it!"

Hilarious.

2 comments:

Fargrave said...

I just give my students the raised eyebrow and evil eye. Works every time.

Valerie said...

lol - awww, that's cute