Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Doodle's Got Ring Around the Collar

Doodle, 10/31/06
Don't tell her though; she's a clean freak. Obsessed with hygiene.
Anyway, approximately 30 years ago on this very date, my mom was pregnant, and I was a robot. A sophisticated combination of silver spray-painted boxes with high-tech knobs and stuff glued on. It was a cold Halloween that year. I think my best friend was a cat, my other friend was the Incredible Hulk, and I remember thinking she was going to freeze in those raggedy cut- off shorts. I was excited for a lot of candy, not to get harrassed by idiot boys, and praying for two things:
  1. a little sister
  2. a little sister to be born on Halloween

I thought having a little sister born on Halloween would be the absolute COOLEST! Turns out I got my wish of a little sister, but she missed the 31st by a couple of days. So, she was no Halloween Baby, but she was and is the absolute coolest. Doodle agrees.

6 comments:

Creepy said...

That's her costume???

anne altman said...

she was a witch! she's not into being a witch anymore, now she wants to be a bitch. her patience runs thin quickly for accoutrements.

Just Dave said...

I have a brother-in-law born on 10/31. He says it sucks. Nobody celebrates your birthday, just Halloween. People also think you are kinda evil just because of your birthday. Of course, he does look a little evil, which doesn't help.

whipcreamy said...

debby elliott thinks she's cool too!

anne altman said...

so does bea, o'malley, ripley, and aaron aalliot

Berry said...

Scorpio sisters are the best! I've got one too.